Monday 7 October 2013

Could we BE any more like Monica & Chandler ?

Monica and Chandler arm wrestling - Warner Bros TV Like many others of my vintage I have watched every episode of Friends an insane number of times. Not for Rachel's hair, nor Joey's muscles, not even to watch Lisa Kudrow corpsing in almost every scene.

No.

Around 9 years ago it occurred to me that Hubbie and I know pretty much all the dialogue from Friends and more worryingly we actually are Monica & Chandler.

If you think this is a bit far fetched allow me to present the evidence.

- Hubbie also does a job that no one understands, although he is not a transponster

- I am obsessed with cleaning and order. I don't make my own cleaning solutions, but I do have a dinner set that we *never* use

- When we got our test results from investigations into why we weren't getting pregnant Hubbie quoted the actual dialogue from the episode where Chandler finds out why they can't either

- we also decided to adopt, but we were not mistaken by the adoption agency for a vicar and a doctor

We are NOT like Monica & Chandler for the following reasons:

- Hubbie has *never* peed on my foot to relieve a jellyfish sting

- I do not have a secret cupboard filled with all my mess

- We did get pregnant and have our gorgeous boy

Talking of whom, in recent months it is becoming clear that our boy is Ross Geller

Ross Geller playing keyboards - Warner Bros TV- he takes forever to say a sentence, he starts talking and drifts off halfway through

- his keyboard playing skills while innovative and entertaining could not be described as good

- he loves dinosaurs (a bit obvious this one really)

And of course he's not like Ross because:

- he is our son and not my brother (that would be Eastenders wouldn't it ?)

So, we are in fact half of a family sitcom.

I'd rather be half of Friends than Outnumbered though :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment