Sunday 14 June 2015

Miffy is 60 !!


I am a big fan of birthdays. Any excuse to celebrate and you will see me bring out a cake, candles and balloons. So you can imagine how excited I was to find out that it's the big birthday of one of my favourite characters from childhood. Yes, Miffy is 60 this year and I'm absolutely delighted to have been chosen to be a Miffy Mum in honour of this special birthday year.



I've loved Miffy since I was an actual child and have Miffy books, soft toys, t-shirts, fridge magnets and even pin badges. One year - when I was old enough to know better - my lovely friends bought me a sweatshirt with Miffy on as a birthday present - I knew my Miffy obsession had gone public !


A few years ago there was an exhibition at Bethnal Green Museum of Childhood where they had original artwork by Dick Bruna and lots of vintage memorabilia of Miffy. I went with Hubbie and it was just wonderful. The simplicity of this little rabbit and her friends has appealed to so many children over the generations and I'm so happy that I can share the stories with my children now. 


We will be celebrating throughout the year and we have been sent some pretty bunting and I've even got my special rabbit ears which I'll make sure I'm wearing to celebrate the big day itself. Even more exciting there is a special Miffy Movie coming out which we're lucky enough to be seeing next week - I will tell you all about it after the event of course. 

Do you have any childhood memories of Miffy the rabbit ?

No comments:

Post a Comment