Friday 11 March 2016

Travel, art and culture. It's all go with Team Honk.

I've been a bit under the weather this week and as a result I've been unable to do any of my usual things. I haven't been swimming, or walking as much as I usually do and I missed Clubbercise last night. I've also not felt up to blogging which is why I've been a bit quiet. I am resting up in order to be up to full strength for next week and my big plans with Team Honk. You might recall that in past years I've scootered round London to the locations on the Monopoly board dressed as a burglar - 'get out of jail - geddit ?


Last year was the most challenging when I took part in a 6 hour danceathon at Wembley Arena surrounded by fellow Honkers. I learned plenty of new dance moves and had a great time. It's always great fun raising money with Team Honk.


This year is no exception an on Saturday (19th March) I'm going to be joining the lovely Nell Heshram who came up with the idea of a museum dash and Penny Alexander who is one of the founders of Team Honk. Our aim is to visit as many museums in London as we can in one day. The museum dash is going to be full on and I suspect we won't get to take in much culture, but we'll do our best to share on social media as we go along. I need tonnes of energy for both days and more importantly sponsorship to help motivate me to keep going.

I've been very lucky that the lovely folks at Wayfair are sponsoring me as part of Team Honk for Sport relief and I'd like to equal their generous donation. If you can give anything that would be fantastic. If you can share my progress on social media as I take part on Saturday that would be brilliant.

Donate here: Swazi's Sightseeing at Speed

Share on Social media using the hashtags: #SR16 #teamhonk 

No comments:

Post a Comment