Saturday 19 October 2013

Save the Children & Mothercare Born to… range

Born to care range from Mothercare / Save the Children
Years ago I worked for Save The Children at their offices in Mary Datchelor House in Camberwell. I was a merchandising assistant on a maternity cover and helped produce the Christmas catalogue and manage stock in the run up to the busy season for card sales. It was very interesting and gave me a good idea about how charity works which led to a career in the voluntary sector that has spanned over 12 years.

It also taught me that selling items for charity can be a really good way to generate support so I was very keen to find out more about a new initiative from Save the Children in conjunction with Mothercare. The range is a new clothing collection aimed at babies and children age 0 to 8 years and for every item sold, Mothercare will donate £1 to Save the Children. You can find out more and view the range here: Mothercare Born to range

The lovely folks at Save the Children sent us a t shirt from the new range which my boy loves. It bears the legend 'Born to Ride' and is perfect for him to wear when riding his new scooter. This range is a very reasonable price too, with this t shirt costing £5. It's a good fit for him and the colours are vibrant - it hasn't been washed yet so I can't comment on how well it washes. There is a discreet Save the Children label on the hem of the shirt which did prompt questions from family and meant I could explain the charity link.

I love the idea of buying children's clothing that benefits children who are in need. In the run up to Christmas the range is ideal to add to a present list so that friends and family can feel good about the pressie they've bought for your little one, especially as the items are not that expensive. Anything that raises the profile of charities doing important work is a good thing in my book. I've worked as a fundraiser for many years so I know how difficult it can be to inspire people to give and this partnership between two high profile organisations that are linked with children is a great fit with the potential to raise a lot of money for Save the Children. 

Disclosure: I was not paid for this post, but did receive a t-shirt free of charge from Save the Children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment