The house is not particularly old, but there are things that are starting to go and that will over time need doing. If I think about them it makes my head hurt, but while we were out having dinner this week instead of looking into each other's eyes over the candle on our table we were discussing what needs to be done. We're romantic like that.
The list so far includes:
- Rebuild the garage (safely removing asbestos)
- Replace fridge, cooker, dishwasher, washing machine which are all slowly croaking to death
- Repair the front bay window in the boy's room which leaks when it rains heavily
- Remove the tree stump in the garden that is making the path go all bendy
- Clear the dingly dell at the end of the garden (where I think the foxes live)
- Extend the kitchen to make a utility area
- Take up the kitchen floor to dry out underneath it (with the possibility of having to replace it)
So the transformation is now complete:
I listen to Radio 4, shop at Waitrose and my kitchen wish list is with John Lewis.
Hubbie has a shed, keeps making noises about building another and did I mention he has two mowers ?
Our aspirations aren't to go backpacking or try a new cocktail bar in town.
Yes, It's official. We are middle aged.