Wednesday 24 June 2015

Brit mums live 2015 - in photos

So much happened at Britmums Live last weekend that it would take me weeks to process it all so I've put together some of my favourite memories to tide us over until I get to finding actual words. Suffice it to say I had a wonderful weekend talking to grown ups and drank every cup of tea I was given - neither of which never happens when I'm home. I was caffeinated to the max and I met and chatted to so many lovely blogger friends - some for the first time in real life. 

So in no particular order here's what happened:

As you already know my dream destination is Hawaii so in preparation I had my photo taken with a boogie board and lai - dream it to become it right ? 

Me holding a boogie board and wearing a lai - Hawaiian style

After the craziness of the ice breaker where I was wrapped in toilet paper in a world record attempt to wrap the most mummies (as mummies - get it ?) we found out we had done it and here I am with the certificate to prove it: 

Holding the official Guinness World Records certificate


On Saturday morning we talked pants with Carol Smilie - her new venture is Diary Doll pants for women and girls - a fantastic idea that isn't being talked about in mainstream media because it's about icky stuff that's about women things and periods. How ridiculous ! 

Carol Smilie and her talking pants session

So in the afternoon I decided to take some time out to do some knitting. All accompanied by these lovely singers. I have learned to knit cable - I am beyond proud of that - thanks to the lovely Helen from Coats and the ladies from Lady Sew and Sew.


me knitting vintage dressed singing group


The lovely Pippa from Story of Mum led my favourite session 'Embrace Happy' where we made gratitude hearts. I loved this activity and it was so nice to think about the things that make me happy and to give thanks for the people who I am grateful for.

craft heart made by me

That's all for now, but I'm still working on my cable knit cowl so I'll let you know when it's finished :)

4 comments:

  1. It was so fab to see you! You're braver than me with the knitting - although I admired all the beautiful creations coming out of that room, I didn't dare to let my uncoordinated hands loose on those needles. Hope you had a lovely evening back at home with your boys x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to see you and get to actually talk to you for a change. Hope little one is better. Mine now has chicken pox !!
      I fancied doing some craft as I am usually just so frazzled it was lovely to relax, I haven't picked it up since I got home of course ! xx

      Delete
  2. Middle man has unravelled the scarf I started! Was lovely as always to see you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh the little...
      Lovely to see you too lady - glad we got to chat and stuff too :) xx

      Delete