In ponder mode the list making goes haywire and my observations of minutiae become more frequent. This is just a selection of them from this week:
- When I take my son to nursery we pass under a canopy of trees - he calls it a 'snuggle'
- If something is wrong with my boy I take him to the doctor immediately. However, my arm has been 'not right' for four days, but I keep telling myself that it's fine. I can't tell if I'm over or under-reacting.
- The cat comfort eats during bad weather and strokes me with his paw when we're sharing the sofa. I could sleep all day. Have we swapped lives ?
- We were at playgroup on Wednesday and my boy came over and asked for a "Mummy cuddle" then clambered up onto my lap - he has never done this before - my heart skipped a beat
- The day after I stock up on baby stuff it's all on offer - are the shops doing it on purpose ?
- A new Bond movie is coming out soon - I remember when this used to be a diary date for me and my friends to watch at the Odeon Marble Arch. Now it's a waiting game before it's out on DVD
- Despite owning 3 different sizes of jeans (pre, during and post pregnancy) I have not one pair that fits right now
- When it's raining my son looks out of the window and says "pitter patter" - I'm delighted that he chooses onomatopoeia over mere description
Some weeks you just watch what's going on in the world. That's been this week for me.